|Birthname||Ramón Antonio Esteban Gómez de Valdés y Castillo|
|born on||2 September 1924 at 02:10 (= 02:10 AM )|
|Place||Mexico City, Mexico, 19n24, 99w09|
|Timezone||MST h7w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||09°36' 17°25 Asc. 25°25'|
Mexican actor recognized as one of his country's best comedians and best remembered for his portrayal of Don Ramón on the sitcom El Chavo del Ocho in the 1970s and 1980s.
He was raised in a humble and large family that moved to Ciudad Juárez when he was aged two. Valdés made his acting debut at cinema in the movie Tender Pumpkins (1949), appearing along with his brother, Germán Valdés, already an actor better known as "Tin-Tan", and who introduced Ramón into the acting world. Under extra or supporting roles, he continued making appearances in films during the Golden Age of Mexican cinema. Ramón and Germán had two other brothers, also actors, Manuel Valdés, better known as Manuel "El Loco" Valdés, and Antonio Valdés, better known as "El Ratón Valdés".
In 1968, Valdés met Roberto Gómez Bolaños, better known as "Chespirito", with whom he began working on programs such as Los supergenios de la mesa cuadrada, Chespirito and El Chapulín Colorado. It was on Bolaños's sitcom El Chavo del Ocho that he gained international fame for his portrayal of Don Ramón. He left El Chavo del Ocho in 1979 but returned in 1981 for his final year on the project.
Valdés married three times and had ten children. He died on 9 August 1988 of stomach cancer at age 63 in Mexico City.
- associate relationship with Chespirito (born 21 February 1929). Notes: Comedy collaborators
- sibling relationship with Valdés, Germán (born 19 September 1915)
- sibling relationship with Valdés, Manuel (born 29 January 1931)
Sy Scholfield provided birth certificate. Wikipedia has 1923, no source given.
- Traits : Body : Race (Italian)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Stomach, terminal)
- Family : Childhood : Family large
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Three)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Ten)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Film and TV)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Comedy
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star