|Birthname||Roger François Vailland|
|born on||16 October 1907 at 19:00 (= 7:00 PM )|
|Place||Acy-en-Multien, France, 49n06, 2e57|
|Timezone||LST m2e2015 (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||22°15' 23°16 Asc. 08°58'|
French novelist, essayist, and screenwriter.
Vailland was a participant in the Resistance Movement.
In 1952 he joined the Communist Party and was activist. He published a pamphlet against capitalism.
In 1957 he won the Prix Goncourt for his novel La loi.
In the cinema, he worked with Roger Vadim and René Clément.
He died 12 May 1965, Meillonnas, of lung cancer.
Link to Wikipedia biography (French)
- compare to chart of Clément, René (born 18 March 1913)
- compare to chart of Vadim, Roger (born 26 January 1928)
- Work : Prize 1957 (Goncourt Prize)
Didier Geslain archive, 'u_v' pdf file, p. 8.;M.Keller quotes BC of Acy-en-Multien (same time)
- Vocation : Writers : Fiction
- Vocation : Writers : Playwright/ script
- Notable : Awards : Other Awards (Goncourt Prize)