|Birthname||Mary Kathleen Turner|
|born on||19 June 1954 at 19:40 (= 7:40 PM )|
|Place||Springfield, Missouri, 37n13, 93w18|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||28°12' 10°31 Asc. 00°11'|
American screen and stage actress known for her distinctive gritty voice, she has won two Golden Globe Awards (Romancing the Stone, 1984, Prizzi's Honor, 1985) and has been nominated for an Academy Award (Peggy Sue Got Married, 1986), and two Tony Awards (Broadway roles as Maggie in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof and as Martha in Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?).
She made her film debut in 1981 as the ruthless Matty Walker in the thriller Body Heat; the role brought her to international prominence. Empire cited the film in 1995 when it named her one of the 100 Sexiest Stars in Film History.
Turner guest-starred on the NBC sitcom Friends as Chandler Bing's drag queen father Charles Bing, and in the third season of Showtime's Californication as Sue Collini, the jaded, sex-crazed owner of a talent agency. Her voice roles include Jessica Rabbit in Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988), Monster House (2006), and guesting on the television series The Simpsons and King of the Hill.
The brazen quality of Turner's screen roles was reflected in her public life. With her deep voice, Turner was often compared to a young Lauren Bacall. When the two met, Turner reportedly introduced herself by saying, "Hi, I'm the young you."
In the mid-2000s, Turner collaborated with Gloria Feldt on the writing of her memoirs, Send Yourself Roses: Thoughts on My Life, Love, and Leading Roles.
Turner married real estate entrepreneur Jay Weiss of New York City in 1984, and they had one daughter, Rachel Ann Weiss, who was born on 14 October 1987. Turner and Weiss divorced in December 2007.
- associate relationship with Entertainment: Friends (born 22 September 1994). Notes: Played Charles Bing / Helena Handbasket, 2001
- opponent/rival/enemy relationship with Cage, Nicolas (born 7 January 1964)
- compare to chart of Bacall, Lauren (born 16 September 1924). Notes: Similar deep voices
- Relationship : Marriage 1984 (Jay Weiss)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 14 October 1987 (Birth of daughter Rachel)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield quotes birth notice, Springfield Leader and Press (Springfield, Missouri), 21 June 1954, page 10, born at St. John's.
- Traits : Body : Voice/Speech (Gritty)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Arthritis (Rheumatoid arthritis)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Alcohol
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Third of four)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (23 years with Jay Weiss)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One daughter)
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate
- Lifestyle : Home : Many moves
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Lawsuit instigated
- Vocation : Beauty : Sex-symbol
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Film, TV, stage)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage (Broadway)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star
- Vocation : Entertainment : Voice-Over (Animated TV shows and films)
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ political
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ social
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ feminist
- Vocation : Politics : Party Affiliation (Democratic)
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer ("Send Yourself Roses")
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Two Golden Globes)