Trapp, Maria von
|Birthname||Trapp, Maria Augusta von|
|born on||25 January 1905 at 23:50 (= 11:50 PM )|
|Place||Salzburg, Austria, 47n48, 13e02|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||05°20' 08°13 Asc. 22°08'|
Austrian-American musician and famous wife of Baron von Trapp, a homemaker, lecturer and organizer of the "Trapp Family Singers." Maria was left an orphan at an early age and went to live with older kin. She joined a convent when young, planning to become a nun until she was placed into service with the widowed Baron von Trapp to help with the household and care for his seven children. She fell in love with the children first, and then the Baron; they married and had three more children. Fleeing the Nazi Regime, they emigrated to the U.S. and became the world renowned, traveled group, "The Trapp Family Singers."
The family gained fame with the lyrical film "The Sound of Music," a noted tribute of the hardships and romance of the Von Trapp family. Maria died 3/28/1987 Morrisville, VT.
- other kin relationship with Trapp, Elisabeth von (born 12 May 1954). Notes: Aunt/ niece
- other kin relationship with Trapp, Sofia von (born 21 July 1988). Notes: Step-great-grandkin
- role played of/by Anderson, Kerstin (born 10 September 1994). Notes: 2015 musical "The Sound of Music"
Yoe Stein quotes her autobiography "Maria, My Own Story," 1972, p.12. "Born before midnight on the train enroute from Tirol to Vienna, taken to the hospital when the train reached Vienna. They wrote January 26 on the registration in Vienna."
- Family : Childhood : Family traumatic event (Orphaned)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Baron von Trapp)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (To Baron, lasting)
- Family : Parenting : Foster, Step, or Adopted Kids (Seven)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Ten kids)
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (Moved to U.S.)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 82)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (Trapp Family Singers)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer
- Notable : Famous : Other Famous (Known by "The Sound of Music.")
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women