Trapp, Elisabeth von
|Birthname||Maria Elisabeth Von Trapp|
|born on||12 May 1954 at 01:50 (= 01:50 AM )|
|Place||Burlington, Vermont, 44n29, 73w13|
|Timezone||EDT h4w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||20°58' 18°56 Asc. 14°20'|
American folk singer from a noted family, the granddaughter of Georg and Agatha von Trapp and the daughter of Werner von Trapp. The Trapp Family Singers, which Maria and Georg founded in Austria and brought with them to the United States when they escaped Austria in 1938, included Elisabeth's father, Werner von Trapp.
The Family Singers disbanded in 1957, but Trapp grew up with her father's guitar playing and singing, and around the musical family's home, the Trapp Family Lodge in Stowe, Vermont. She began taking piano lessons when she was eight, and by the age of sixteen was playing the guitar and traveling the back roads of New England to perform with her siblings at weddings, gospel meetings, and town halls.
Her musical style draws on many genres, including modern and Gregorian Chant, Hymns, Psalms, and works by Hildegard von Bingen. She has appeared together with Erich Kory and has performed in the U.S., Russia, and Austria, including European cathedrals and Washington D.C.’s Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts.
- other kin relationship with Trapp, Maria von (born 25 January 1905). Notes: Aunt/ niece
- other kin relationship with Trapp, Sofia von (born 21 July 1988). Notes: Aunt/ niece
Sy Scholfield provided copy of birth certificate.
- Family : Childhood : Family large
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (Von Trapps)
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Fourth of six)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Folk Music
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Guitar)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc. (Folk)