|Birthname||Colleen Lucille Townsend|
|born on||21 December 1928 at 21:00 (= 9:00 PM )|
|Place||Glendale (Los Angeles County), California, 34n09, 118w15|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||00°07' 26°12 Asc. 24°16'|
American actress, author and humanitarian, a noted member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, also known by her married name, Colleen Evans, and by her pen name Colleen Townsend Evans.
She played her first featured role in the film The Walls of Jericho (1948), followed by Chicken Every Sunday (1949). Her biggest success was in the 1950 film, When Willie Comes Marching Home, in which she was paired with Dan Dailey. Again Pioneers (1950), which she scripted, provided her with her first lead role.
She grew up attending The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and in 1948 became active in the Hollywood Presbyterian Church. In 1950, Townsend left her acting career and married long-time friend Louis H. Evans, Jr.
Later, the couple met and became friends with Billy and Ruth Graham. Townsend, now billed as "Colleen Evans", returned to films briefly, starring in two films produced by the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, Oiltown, U.S.A. (1950) and Souls in Conflict (1955).
Colleen and Louie relocated to Washington, DC where she dedicated herself to humanitarian work, specifically in relation to racial or religious discrimination, human rights, and in furthering the role of women in society. She partnered with her husband in ministry and served on the board of World Vision. She served as the first female chair of the Billy Graham Crusade in 1986. As "Colleen Townsend Evans" she is the author of several books.
Colleen and Louie had four children. After 58 years of marriage, Louie died in 2008 of ALS.
- friend relationship with Graham, Billy (born 7 November 1918)
- friend relationship with Graham, Ruth (born 10 June 1920)
- Relationship : Marriage 1950 (Louis H. Evans, Jr.)
- Death of Mate 2008 (Louis H. Evans, Jr.)
Sy Scholfield provided birth certificate.
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (58 years with Louis H. Evans, Jr.)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Four)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Western (LDS)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Film)
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ social
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ feminist
- Vocation : Religion : Other Religion
- Vocation : Writers : Other Writers