|born on||24 June 1902 at 10:45 (= 10:45 AM )|
|Place||Berlin, Germany, 52n29, 13e21|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||01°56' 08°43 Asc. 16°56'|
German-born American sculptor known for her work in stone, particularly marble and onyx. Tewi frequently brought Jewish themes and motifs into her sculpture, including a work using the Hebrew alphabet as its basis which won her the National Arts Club award for religious sculpture in 1966. She represented the United States at the 1969 Biennale in Carrara, Italy.
During the 1940s she was also a successful fashion designer with her own brand, Tewi Lingerie Inc., and was proclaimed America's top lingerie designer in 1947. In 1950, Thea Tewi Lingerie merged with another leading company, Dutchess Underwear, to offer a line called "Dutchess Individually Yours by Tewi."
She died in Queens, New York at the age of 97, on 5 July 1999.
Sy Scholfield provided birth registry entry from Berlin archives.
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (German emigrant to USA)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 97)
- Vocation : Art : Fine art artist (Sculptor)
- Vocation : Beauty : Designer/ Fashion (Lingerie)
- Vocation : Business : Business owner
- Vocation : Business : Entrepreneur
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award