Terrorist: 2017 Westminster Attack
|born on||22 March 2017 at 14:38 (= 2:38 PM )|
|Place||London, England, 51n30, 0w10|
|Timezone||GMT h0e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||02°09' 23°51 Asc. 24°38'|
British Islamist terrorist attack that occurred on Westminster Bridge, in Parliament Square and within the grounds of the Palace of Westminster, in central London. A vehicle was driven into a crowd of people near the palace gates, and a police officer was stabbed. The man who stabbed the police officer was then shot by other officers. Five people—three pedestrians on the bridge, the stabbed police officer and the assailant—were confirmed dead the same day. Additionally, 12 people received serious injuries, some described as "catastrophic", and eight others were treated for less serious injuries at the scene.
The four dead victims were from the United Kingdom, and the survivors included people from South Korea, France, Romania, Italy and Australia.
The motivation was suspected to be linked to Islamic extremism. It was the first major attack to occur in London since the 7 July 2005 London bombings.
In response to the attacks, the devolved National Assemblies in Scotland and Wales both suspended proceedings. International reactions were swift in condemning the attacks and expressing sympathy and support for the victims.
- compare to chart of Historic: Westminster Bridge (born 24 May 1862)
- compare to chart of Terrorism: 2017 shooting of Paris police officers (born 20 April 2017)
- compare to chart of Terrorist: 2017 Manchester Arena bombing (born 22 May 2017). Notes: 2017 British terrorist attacks
- compare to chart of Terrorist: June 2017 London attacks (born 3 June 2017). Notes: 2017 British terrorist attacks
"Tragic timeline of Westminster terror attack that killed five and injured 40 after terrorist drove into crowd and stabbed police officer," by Nick Pisa, The Sun, 23 March 2017 : "The terrorist began his rampage on the south side of Westminster Bridge at 2.38pm."
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Homicide many at once
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Terrorist
- Passions : Criminal Victim : Terrorism victim (4 people died in mass murder incident)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Fundamentalist/ Islam
- Mundane : Disasters : Deranged Actions (Terrorist attack on people)