|Birthname||Katherine Matilda Swinton|
|born on||5 November 1960|
|Place||London, England, 51n30, 0w10|
|Timezone||GMT h0e (is standard time)|
Anglo-Scottish-Australian actress, performance artist, model, and fashion icon, known for both arthouse and mainstream films. She began her career in films directed by Derek Jarman, starting with Caravaggio in 1986. In 1991, Swinton won the Volpi Cup for Best Actress at the Venice Film Festival for her performance as Isabella of France in Edward II. She next starred in Sally Potter's Orlando in 1992 and was nominated for the European Film Award for Best Actress.
In 2001, Swinton was nominated for a Golden Globe Award for her performance in The Deep End. She followed this with appearances in Vanilla Sky (2001), and Adaptation (2002). She then starred in the crime drama Julia (2008), I Am Love (2009), and the psychological thriller We Need to Talk About Kevin (2011). Swinton later starred in the dark romantic fantasy drama, Only Lovers Left Alive (2014). She is also known for her performances as the White Witch in the Chronicles of Narnia series.
Swinton won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress and the BAFTA Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role for her performance as lawyer Karen Crowder in Michael Clayton (2007).
Swinton is the daughter of Judith Balfour (née Killen; 1929–2012) and John Swinton, who was Major-General, KCVO, OBE, DL, and Lord Lieutenant of Berwickshire from 1989 to 2000. Her mother was Australian.
Swinton lives in Nairn, Scotland, with her partner Sandro Kopp, a German/New Zealand painter, and her twins, Honor and Xavier Swinton Byrne (born 6 October 1997), whom she had with a previous partner, John Byrne, a Scottish playwright and artist.
- associate relationship with McGregor, Ewan (born 31 March 1971). Notes: Co-stars in 2003 film "Young Adam"
- associate relationship with Miller, Ezra (born 30 September 1992). Notes: Co-stars in 2011 film "We Need to Talk About Kevin"
- business associate/partner relationship with Jarman, Derek (born 31 January 1942). Notes: Starred in his films, '"Caravaggio," 1986; "Edward II," 1991
- spousal equivalent relationship with Byrne, John (born 6 January 1940). Notes: Father of her twins
- role played of/by Lovelace, Ada (born 10 December 1815). Notes: 1997 film, "Conceiving Ada"
- role played of/by Morrell, Lady Ottoline (born 16 June 1873). Notes: 1993 film, "Wittgenstein"
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 6 October 1997 (Birth of twin sons, Honor and Xavier)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Prize 2007 (Oscar for Best Supporting Actress)
Sy Scholfield quotes birth notice: "SWINTON. - On 5th Nov. 1960, at Westminster Hospital, to Judith, wife of Major John Swinton, Scots Guards - a daughter." (The Times, 7 Nov. 1960, p. 1).
- Traits : Body : Size (Height: 1.8 m/ 5 ft 11 in)
- Traits : Body : Other body (Androgynous)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Twins)
- Vocation : Beauty : Model
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Notable : Awards : Oscar (Best Supporting Actress)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession (Fashion icon)