|born on||28 August 1676 Jul.Cal. (7 Sep 1676 greg.) at 19:55 (= 7:55 PM )|
|Place||London, England, 51n30, 0w10|
|Timezone||LMT m0w10 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||15°52' 13°34 Asc. 06°43'|
English royalty, a daughter of James II of England and his second wife Mary of Modena.
Isabel was born at St James's Palace when her father was Duke of York; the reigning king was her uncle Charles II of England. At the time of her birth, she was the second daughter of James and Mary, behind her sister Catherine Laura who died two months after Isabel's birth. Isabel had two older half-sisters from her father's first marriage to Anne Hyde: Mary and Anne; both would become reigning Queens of England. Isabel's paternal grandparents were Charles I of England and his wife Henrietta Maria of France, her maternal grandparents were Alfonso IV d'Este and Laura Martinozzi.
Lady Isabel died at St James's Palace on 2 March 1681 [OS], the place of her birth, of natural causes aged four, five months shy of her fifth birthday. Her death plunged Mary into a religious mania, worrying her physician. Four years after the death of Isabel, her father succeeded as King of England.
- child->parent relationship with James II, King of Scotland (born 14 October 1633 Jul.Cal. (24 Oct 1633 greg.))
- child->parent relationship with Mary, Queen Consort (1658) (born 5 October 1658 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Anne, Queen of Britain (born 6 February 1665 Jul.Cal. (16 Feb 1665 greg.)). Notes: half-sibling
- sibling relationship with Charles, Duke of Cambridge (born 7 November 1677 Jul.Cal. (17 Nov 1677 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Charles, Duke of Kendal (born 4 July 1666 Jul.Cal. (14 July 1666 greg.)). Notes: half-sibling
- sibling relationship with Edgar, Duke of Cambridge (born 14 September 1667 Jul.Cal. (24 Sep 1667 greg.)). Notes: half-sibling
- sibling relationship with James, Duke of Cambridge (born 12 July 1663 Jul.Cal. (22 July 1663 greg.)). Notes: half-sibling
- sibling relationship with James, Prince of England (born 10 June 1688 Jul.Cal. (20 June 1688 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Mary II, Queen of England (born 30 April 1662 Jul.Cal. (10 May 1662 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Stuart, Louisa Maria (born 28 June 1692 (greg.))
Sy Scholfield quotes "Mrs. Dawson's Diary concerning the births, ages, and deaths of James the IId's children" in "Reliquiæ Hearnianæ: the remains of Thomas Hearne, extracts from his MS. diaries, collected with a few notes by P. Bliss, Volume 1" by Thomas Hearne (Oxford: James Wright, 1857), p. 276: "Lady Isabella was born August the 28, 1676, 5 minutes before 8 in the evening. Dyed March 2d, 1680/1." Mrs Dawson was the lady of the bedchamber (midwife) to Mary of Modena, in attendance when Mary gave birth to Isabel.
- Personal : Death : Short Life less than 29 Yrs (England)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (England)