Struever, Martha Hopkins
|Birthname||Martha Lee Hopkins|
|born on||14 November 1931 at 10:45 (= 10:45 AM )|
|Place||Milan, Indiana, 39n07, 85w08|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||21°21' 23°33 Asc. 18°01'|
American Indian art dealer, author, and leading scholar on historic and contemporary Pueblo Indian pottery and Pueblo and Navajo Indian jewelry. In June 2015, a new gallery in the Wheelwright Museum of the American Indian (in Santa Fe, New Mexico), was named for her. The first permanent museum gallery devoted to Native American jewelry, the Martha Hopkins Struever Gallery, is part of the Center for the Study of Southwestern Jewelry.
Struever published reference works, authoring the two books "Loloma: Beauty Is His Name" (Wheelwright Museum, 2006) and "Painted Perfection: The Pottery of Dextra Quotskuyva" (Wheelwright Museum, 2002), as well as three museum catalogues.
She died on 24 September 2017, aged 85, in Santa Fe.
- business associate/partner relationship with Quotskuyva, Dextra (born 7 September 1928)
- Relationship : Marriage 1971 (Edgar Allen "Bud" Cusick)
- Relationship : Divorce dates 1988 (Edgar Allen "Bud" Cusick)
- Relationship : Marriage 1988 (Stuart Struever)
Sy Scholfield provided birth certificate from Indiana archives.
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (One)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two sons)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 85)
- Vocation : Business/Marketing : Sales (Art dealer)
- Vocation : Education : Researcher (Scholar)
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction