|Birthname||John Carl Strasberg|
|born on||20 May 1941 at 23:31 (= 11:31 PM )|
|Place||Manhattan, New York, 40n46, 73w59|
|Timezone||EDT h4w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||29°41' 04°27 Asc. 14°50'|
American actor, director, teacher and writer, the son of Lee Strasberg (1901-1982), the famous Artistic Director of the Actors Studio, actor and theatre director, and Paula Strasberg (1909-1966), actress and coach of many famous actors, among them Marilyn Monroe, and the brother of actress and writer Susan Strasberg (1938-1999).
In 1985 he began living and working in Europe. In 1996 he returned to New York upon publication of his book on acting, Accidentally On Purpose: A Memoir on Life, Acting, and the Nine Natural Laws of Creativity, an award-winning documentary of the same name was also created.
He created John Strasberg Studios, an International Center for Creative Development and Theater Research, and in 2005 he created The Accidental Repertory Theater.
- associate relationship with Morassutti, Giovanni (born 15 March 1980)
- sibling relationship with Strasberg, Susan (born 22 May 1938)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1996 (Memoir, "Accidentally On Purpose")
Sy Scholfield quotes from Lee Strasberg, the imperfect genius of the Actors Studio by Cindy Heller Adams (Doubleday, 1980), p. 186: "The second wasn't planned either, but May 20, 1941, three years later, on the fifth floor of Lenox Hill Hospital "a Taurean on the cusp of Gemini," Paula said, arrived at 11:31 p.m. His parents liked the sound of the name John."
- Family : Childhood : Advantaged (Wealthy, educated)
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (Strasbergs)
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Second of two)
- Family : Childhood : Sibling circumstances (Sister also noted)
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (USA to Europe)
- Vocation : Business : Business owner
- Vocation : Education : Teacher (Acting)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Theatre)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage (Theatre)
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Director (Theatre)
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer (Memoir, "Accidentally On Purpose")