|Birthname||Adriance, Jane Sterling|
|born on||3 April 1921 at 21:12 (= 9:12 PM )|
|Place||New York, New York, 40n43, 74w00|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||13°46' 24°19 Asc. 17°54'|
American actress that made her film debut in "Johnny Belinda" in 1948, with over 26 films to her credit; she was nominated for an Oscar for her work on "The High and Mighty."
Raised in a socially prominent family, she trained for stage at Fay Compton's school in England and made her Broadway debut in 1938 at the young age of 15. A cool blonde, she often played high-class floozies in her film roles. She returned to film in 1976.
The widow of actor Paul Douglas, she lived with Sam Wanamaker, a London actor.
The actress died at age 82 on March 26, 2004 at the Motion Picture and Television Fund’s home and hospital facility in suburban Woodland Hills. She never recovered from her recent strokes and broken hip.
- spouse relationship with Douglas, Paul (born 11 April 1907). Notes: 1950-1959
- (has as) protégé relationship with Sharpe, Karen (born 20 September 1933)
- Work : New Career 1938 (Stage debut, age 15)
- Work : New Job 1948 (Film debut)
- Work : New Job 1976 (Returned to work after dry spell)
Lynn Palmer quotes her
- Traits : Body : Hair (Blonde)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Stroke
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Bone (broken hip)
- Family : Childhood : Advantaged (Raised socially prominant)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Paul Douglas)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Relationship : Widowed
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : Child performer (Debut age 15)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage (Legitimate theater)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women