|Birthname||Oliver Schjerven Olsen|
|born on||9 May 1914 at 00:15 (= 12:15 AM )|
|Place||Oslo, Norway, 59n55, 10e45|
|Timezone||CET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||17°30' 04°22 Asc. 27°16'|
Norwegian film producer and botanist. In the 1930s he was a member of Clarté, the political group Mot Dag, and AUF, the Workers' Youth League. He was arrested by the Gestapo on 21 March 1942 and put in the labour camp Grini until he was transferred to a prison camp in Bardufoss in 1943. After he was released in 1944 he changed his name from Olsen to Steigan, a name he himself created.
1949-1970 he took part in the productions of a number of films, and co-directed "Stompa til sjøs" (1967). He later taught technicians at the Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation and wrote several text books.
Steigan died on 10 July 1998 aged 84.
- parent->child relationship with Steigan, Pål (born 31 May 1949)
Certificate of live birth in hand from Viktor E.
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 84)
- Vocation : Education : Teacher
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Director
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction