Sports: 2016 Summer Olympics, Rio de Janeiro
|born on||5 August 2016 at 23:27 (= 11:27 PM )|
|Place||Rio de Janeiro (Rio de Janeiro), Brazil, 22s5410, 43w1227|
|Timezone||-03 h3w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||14°04' 22°34 Asc. 05°11'|
Brazilian-hosted international multi-sport event, officially known as the Games of the XXXI Olympiad and commonly known as Rio 2016, held from 5 to 21 August 2016 in Rio de Janeiro.
These were the first Olympic Games to be held in South America, as well as the first to be held in a Portuguese-speaking country, the first summer edition to be held entirely in the host country's winter season, the first since 1968 to be held in Latin America, and the first since 2000 to be held in the Southern Hemisphere. These were the first Summer Olympics to take place under the International Olympic Committee (IOC) presidency of Thomas Bach.
More than 11,000 athletes from 207 nations took part in the 2016 Games, including first-time entrants Kosovo, South Sudan, and the Refugee Olympic Team. With 306 sets of medals, the Games featured 28 Olympic sports, including rugby sevens and golf, which were added to the Olympic program in 2009. These sporting events took place at 33 venues in the host city and at five separate venues in the Brazilian cities of São Paulo, Belo Horizonte, Salvador, Brasília, and Manaus.
The United States topped the medal table, winning the most gold medals (46) and the highest number of medals overall (121); the US team also won its 1,000th Summer Olympic gold medal overall. Great Britain finished second and became only the second country in modern Olympic history to increase its tally of medals in the Olympiad immediately after being host nation. China finished third in the medal table. Host nation Brazil won seven gold medals, its largest tally at any single Summer Olympics, finishing in thirteenth place.
- associate relationship with Adams, Nicola (born 26 October 1982). Notes: Gold medal, Women's flyweight boxing, UK
- associate relationship with Bolt, Usain (born 21 August 1986). Notes: 3× Gold Medals, 100 m and 200 m sprint and 4×100 m relay
- associate relationship with Laghouag, Karim (born 4 August 1975). Notes: Gold medal, Team eventing, France
- associate relationship with Margalis, Melanie (born 30 December 1991). Notes: Gold medal, 4×200 m freestyle, USA
- associate relationship with Murray, Andy (born 15 May 1987). Notes: Gold medal, Men's tennis singles, UK
- associate relationship with Nadal, Rafael (born 3 June 1986). Notes: Gold medal, Men's tennis doubles, Spain
- associate relationship with Phelps, Michael (born 30 June 1985). Notes: 5x Gold medals, Swimming, USA
- associate relationship with Picon, Charline (born 23 December 1984). Notes: Gold Medal, Windsurfing RS: X, France
- associate relationship with Schooling, Joseph (born 16 June 1995). Notes: Gold Medal, 100 m butterfly, Singapore
- associate relationship with Temer, Michel (born 23 September 1940). Notes: Opened the Games
"At 23:27pm BRT, Brazil's Acting President Michel Temer recited the games' opening declaration from the stands in Brazilian Portuguese" . .
- Mundane : Sports : Sports contests (Summer Olympic Games)