|born on||2 May 1903 at 02:00 (= 02:00 AM )|
|Place||New Haven, USA, 41n18, 72w56|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||10°42' 13°50 Asc. 27°59'|
American pediatric physician and author of a best selling child care book. "Baby and Child Care" sold over 28 million copies and his works were held in the highest esteem by millions of parents. The seventh edition of "Baby and Child Care" was released on 5/02/1998.
Spock married in 1924, with two sons born 1934 and 1945. He divorced in 1973 and remarried a much-younger woman, 32-year-old Mary Councille when he was 70.
In the turbulent '60s, he was an active protestor against the VietNam War and was arrested several times while he participated in demonstrations of draft-card burning. He joined Dr. Martin Luther King's civil rights movement as well.
Spock's finances, and health, turned south in 1998. It was at that time that his wife appealed to family and friends for help in defraying the $10,000 a month costs of caring for her husband, despite $500,000 in income the previous year. Not able to move from bed, Spock suffered from congestive heart failure and kidney failure. Full-time nursing care was required to keep Spock going, as well as special foods and equipment. Most of the expenses were not covered by Medicare, which caused his wife to make her desperate plea for money.
Died of respiratory failure on 3/15/1998 at his home in La Jolla, CA. He had suffered from a heart attack, stroke and several bouts of pneumonia in recent years.
- compare to chart of Brazelton, T. Berry (born 10 May 1918). Notes: Famous American pediatricians
- Relationship : Marriage 1924 (First marriage)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1934 (Son born)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1945 (Son born)
- Relationship : Divorce dates 1973 (From first marriage)
- Death by Disease 15 March 1998 (Systemic failure of old age at 94)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 2 May 1998 (Seventh ed., "Baby and Child Care")
chart Placidus Equal_H.
D.C. Doane quotes Drew in "Progressions in Action."
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Pneumonia (Several bouts prior to death)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Stroke (Recent years prior to death)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Heart (Attack prior to death)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (49 years followed by divorce)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Age difference more than 15 yrs (Second wife 38 years younger)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two sons)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 94)
- Vocation : Medical : Physician (Pediatrician)
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ political (against VietNam War in '60s)
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ social (joined Civil Rights movement in the '60s)
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction (Baby And Child Care)
- Notable : Famous : Historic figure (Child-care expert for generation)
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book