|Birthname||James Julien Southerland|
|born on||28 October 1911 at 14:28 (= 2:28 PM )|
|Place||Narberth, Pennsylvania, 40n01, 75w16|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||04°16' 18°12 Asc. 01°19'|
American military flying ace, a United States Navy fighter pilot during World War II, credited with five victories (some accounts say seven), flying Grumman F4F Wildcats. He was awarded the Silver Star, Distinguished Flying Cross twice, and the Purple Heart.
Following the war, Southerland became a flight instructor at the U.S. Naval Academy. He was killed in a jet training accident on 12 October 1949 at age 37 during takeoff from a carrier off the Florida coast.
Sy Scholfield provided birth certificate.
- Personal : Death : Accidental (Jet crash)
- Vocation : Military : Combat
- Vocation : Military : Honors
- Vocation : Military : Military career
- Vocation : Military : Military service
- Vocation : Travel : Pilot/ military
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession (World War II flying ace)