Sophie Friederike, Princess of Bavaria
|born on||27 January 1805 at 20:45 (= 8:45 PM )|
|Place||Munich, Germany, 48n08, 11e34|
|Timezone||LMT m11e34 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||07°32' 04°14 Asc. 21°07'|
Bavarian princess as the daughter of King Maximilian I Joseph of Bavaria and his second wife Caroline of Baden. She was the identical twin sister of Princess Maria Anna of Bavaria, Queen of Saxony as wife of Frederick Augustus II of Saxony.
On 4 November 1824, Sophie married Franz Karl, Archduke of Austria. They had six children. Their eldest son Franz Joseph reigned as Emperor of Austria, King of Bohemia, King of Croatia, Apostolic King of Hungary, King of Galicia and Lodomeria and Grand Duke of Cracow; her second son Maximilian reigned as Emperor of Mexico.
Sophie kept a detailed diary most of her life which reveals much about Austrian court life. She was deeply affected in 1867 by the execution in Mexico of her second son Maximilian. She never recovered from that shock, and withdrew from public life. She died of a brain tumor on 28 May 1872 aged 67 in Vienna.
- friend relationship with Bonaparte, Napoléon II (born 20 March 1811). Notes: (and lover??)
- parent->child relationship with Franz Joseph I, Emperor of Austria (born 18 August 1830)
- parent->child relationship with Karl Ludwig, Archduke of Austria (born 30 July 1833)
- parent->child relationship with Karolina, Archduchess of Austria (born 27 October 1835)
- parent->child relationship with Ludwig Viktor, Archduke of Austria (born 15 May 1842)
- parent->child relationship with Maximilian, Emperor of Mexico (born 6 July 1832)
- child->parent relationship with Maximilian I Joseph, King of Bavaria (born 27 May 1756)
- child->parent relationship with Maximilian I, King of Bavaria (born 27 May 1756)
- spouse relationship with Franz Karl, Archduke of Austria (born 7 December 1802)
- sibling relationship with Amalie Auguste, Queen of Saxony (born 13 November 1801)
- sibling relationship with Elisabeth Ludovika, Queen Consort of Prussia (born 13 November 1801)
- sibling relationship with Karl Theodor, Prince of Bavaria (born 7 July 1795). Notes: Half-sibling
- sibling relationship with Karoline, Empress Consort of Austria (born 8 February 1792). Notes: Half-sisters and friends
- sibling relationship with Ludovika, Princess of Bavaria (born 30 August 1808)
- sibling relationship with Ludwig I, King of Bavaria (born 25 August 1786). Notes: Half-sibling
- sibling relationship with Maria Anna, Queen Consort of Saxony (born 27 January 1805). Notes: Identical twins
- sibling relationship with Maximiliane, Princess of Bavaria (born 21 July 1810)
Sy Scholfield quotes from the German book "Das Vaterland der Sachsen; Mittheilungen aus Sachsens Vorzeit und Gegenwart, Volume 3" [The homeland of the Saxons; With divisions from Saxony past and present] by Eduard Sommer (Blochmann, 1840), p. 1: "Es war gerade am Namenstage der hohen Wöchnerin, am 27. Januar 1805, als München den Kanonendonner, der ¾9 Uhr abends begonnen, mit frohem Erstaunen eine Stunde später sich erneuen hörte."
Translation: On their day of birth, 27 January 1805, Munich heard the thunder of cannons, starting at a quarter to 9 o'clock in the evening, then to joyful astonishment renewed one hour later.
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (1)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (4 sons, 1 daughter, 1 stillborn son)
- Personal : Birth : Twin, triplet, etc. (Identical twin sisters)
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer (Diarist)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Wittelsbach (by birth), House of Habsburg-Lorraine (by marriage))