Sophie, Duchess of Brunswick-Lüneburg
|born on||3 October 1563 Jul.Cal. (13 Oct 1563 greg.) at 17:00 (= 5:00 PM )|
|Place||Celle, Germany, 52n37, 10e05|
|Timezone||LMT m10e05 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||19°32' 14°06 Asc. 15°58'|
German nobility, margravine of Brandenburg-Ansbach and Brandenburg-Kulmbach and Duchess of Krnov by marriage. On 3 May 1579 she married Margrave George Frederick I of Brandenburg-Ansbach-Kulmach (1539–1603) in Dresden. Their marriage remained childless. After her husband died in 1604, Sophie returned to her birth family. She survived her husband by 36 years. She died in Nuremberg on 14 January 1639 at age 75.
- child->parent relationship with William the Younger, Duke of Brunswick-Lüneburg (born 4 June 1535 Jul.Cal. (14 June 1535 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Augustus the Elder, Duke of Brunswick-Lüneburg (born 18 November 1568 Jul.Cal. (28 Nov 1568 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Christian the Elder, Duke of Brunswick-Lüneburg (born 9 November 1566 Jul.Cal. (19 Nov 1566 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Dorothea, Duchess of Brunswick-Lüneburg (born 1 January 1570 Jul.Cal. (11 Jan 1570 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Ernst II, Duke of Brunswick-Lüneburg (born 31 December 1564 Jul.Cal. (10 Jan 1565 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Friedrich IV, Duke of Brunswick-Lüneburg (born 28 August 1574 Jul.Cal. (7 Sep 1574 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Georg, Duke of Brunswick-Lüneburg (born 17 February 1582 Jul.Cal. (27 Feb 1582 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Margarethe, Duchess of Brunswick-Lüneburg (born 5 April 1573 Jul.Cal. (15 Apr 1573 greg.))
- Death, Cause unspecified 14 January 1639 Jul.Cal. (24 Jan 1639 greg.) (Age 75)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield quotes "Braunschweig-Lüneburgische Chronica" by Philippus Julius Rehtmeier (Detleff Detleffsen, 1722), p. 1619: "Die erste Princessin hiess Sophia, ist A. 1563. den 3. Octobr. Abend um 5. Uhr geboren." [Translation: "The first Princess, named Sophia, was born in the evening of 3rd October 1563, at 5 o'clock."].
Wikipedia gives 30 October, no source.
- Family : Childhood : Advantaged
- Family : Relationship : Widowed
- Family : Parenting : Kids none
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Hohenzollern, House of Welf)