Sophie, Archduchess of Austria
|Birthname||Sophie Friederike Dorothea Maria Josepha|
|born on||5 March 1855 at 15:15 (= 3:15 PM )|
|Place||Laxenburg, Austria, 48n04, 16e21|
|Timezone||LMT m16e21 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||14°28' 03°09 Asc. 17°16'|
Austrian royalty, the first child and first of three daughters born to the Empress Elisabeth (Sisi) and Franz Joseph, Emperor of Austria. She died aged two on 29 May 1857 at 21:15 in the evening.
- child->parent relationship with Elisabeth "Sissi", Empress of Austria (born 24 December 1837)
- child->parent relationship with Franz Joseph I, Emperor of Austria (born 18 August 1830)
- sibling relationship with Gisela, Archduchess of Austria (born 12 July 1856)
- sibling relationship with Marie Valerie, Archduchess of Austria (born 22 April 1868)
- sibling relationship with Rudolf, Crown Prince of Austria (born 21 August 1858)
- Death by Disease 29 May 1857 at 9:15 PM in Budapest (Dehydration due to diarrhea or convulsions due to high fever, Age 2)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
This entry originally had 3:45AM: Sy Scholfield quotes from "Elisabeth, Kaiserin von Österreich und Königin von Ungarn, 1837-1898" by Hans Rödhammer (Kulturverein Schloß Ebelsberg, 1983), p. 103: "Am 5.März 1855 um 3/4 4 Uhr entbindet Elisabeth ein Kind."
Translation: On March 5th, 1855 at 3/4 before 4 o'clock Elisabeth had a child.
On 5 October 2014, Scholfield adjusted the time to 3:15PM, quoting from "Die Kaisergruft bei den Kapuzinern in Wien" by Cölestin Wolfsgruber (Vienna, 1887), p. 318: "Nachdem bereits seit 7 3/4 Uhr morgens Betsunden in allen Kirchen Wiens abgehalten worden, wurde die Kaiserin Montag den 5. März 1855 um 3 1/4 Uhr nachmittags durch die Geburt einer Prinzessin erfreut."
Translation: Having been held in all the churches of Vienna since 7 3/4 o'clock in the morning prayer meetings, the Empress was delighted on Monday 5 March 1855 at 3 1/4 o'clock in the afternoon to give birth to a princess.
The rating was changed from B to A on 10 January 2017, with Scholfield citing news report in "Der Humorist," 6 March 1855, p. 4: "Nachmittags 3¼ Uhr" (3:15pm).
- Personal : Death : Short Life less than 29 Yrs (Age 2)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Habsburg-Lorraine)