Sofia Wilhelmina, Princess of Sweden
|Birthname||S. W. Katarina Maria Lovisa Charlotta Anna|
|born on||21 May 1801 at 22:00 (= 10:00 PM )|
|Place||Stockholm, Sweden, 59n20, 18e03|
|Timezone||LMT m18e03 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||00°14' 11°16 Asc. 15°28'|
Princess of Sweden by birth and, by marriage a Grand Duchess of Baden.
Sofia (or Sophie) was the daughter of King Gustav IV Adolf of Sweden and his wife, Frederica of Baden.
On 25 July 1819 in Karlsruhe, Sophie married her half-grand-uncle Prince Leopold of Baden, the son of a morganatic marriage. They had eight children.
She died at Karlsruhe Palace on 6 July 1865.
- parent->child relationship with Alexandrine, Princess of Baden (born 6 December 1820)
- parent->child relationship with Friedrich I, Grand Duke of Baden (born 9 September 1826)
- parent->child relationship with Karl, Prince of Baden (born 9 March 1832)
- parent->child relationship with Marie, Princess of Baden (born 20 November 1834)
- parent->child relationship with Olga Feodorovna, Grand Duchess of Russia (born 20 September 1839)
- parent->child relationship with Wilhelm, Prince of Baden (born 18 December 1829)
- child->parent relationship with Gustav IV Adolf, King of Sweden (born 1 November 1778)
- sibling relationship with Amalia, Princess of Sweden (born 22 February 1805)
- sibling relationship with Cecilia, Princess of Sweden (born 22 June 1807)
- sibling relationship with Gustav, Prince of Vasa (born 9 November 1799)
- sibling relationship with Karl Gustav, Grand Duke of Finland (born 2 December 1802)
Sy Scholfield quotes news report from "Haagsche courant," 8 June 1801, p. 1: "Stockholm 22 Mey. Gisteren avond ten half 12 uuren kondigde het gebulder des gefchuts aan, de gelukkige verlosfing onzer jonge Koningin, van eene Princes." (Stockholm, 22 May. Yesterday evening at half-before 12 o'clock [11;30pm] the roar of cannons announced the happy birth of a princess to our young Queen); and from "Wiener Zeitung," 17 June 1801, p. 3: "Am 21. Abends ist die Königin von Schweden von einer Prinzeßin glücklick entbunden worden, welche die Nähmen Sophie Wilhelmine erhalten wird." (On the 21st in the evening, the Queen of Sweden happily gave birth to a princessess, who will receive the names Sophie Wilhelmine). A time of 10pm is speculative.
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Eight)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Holstein-Gottorp)