Sofia Magdalena, Queen Consort of Sweden
|born on||3 July 1746 at 20:30 (= 8:30 PM )|
|Place||Copenhagen, Denmark, 55n40, 12e35|
|Timezone||LMT m12e35 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||11°33' 21°38 Asc. 09°37'|
Danish princess by birth and Queen of Sweden as the spouse of King Gustav III.
She was the eldest surviving child of King Frederik V of Denmark and his first consort, the former Princess Louise of Great Britain. She was the heir presumptive to the throne of Denmark from the death of her elder brother in 1747 until the birth of her second brother in 1749, and retained her status as next in line to the Danish throne after her brother until her marriage. She was therefore often referred to as Crown Princess of Denmark.
On 1 October 1766, Sofia Magdalena was married to Gustav by proxy at Christiansborg Palace in Copenhagen. On 4 November 1766, she was officially welcomed to the capital of Stockholm, were the she was married to Gustav in person in the Royal Chapel at Stockholm Royal Palace.
The coronation of Gustav III and Sofia Magdalena took place on 29 May 1772.
The marriage produced two children: Crown Prince Gustav Adolf (1778–1837), and Prince Carl Gustav, Duke of Småland (1782–1783).
Sofia Magdalena died on 21 August 1813, aged 67, in Ulriksdal Palace, Sweden.
- parent->child relationship with Carl Gustav, Duke of Småland (born 25 August 1782)
- parent->child relationship with Gustav IV Adolf, King of Sweden (born 1 November 1778)
- child->parent relationship with Frederik V, King of Denmark (born 31 March 1723)
- child->parent relationship with Louise, Queen Consort of Denmark (born 18 December 1724)
- spouse relationship with Gustav III, King of Sweden (born 13 January 1746 Jul.Cal. (24 Jan 1746 greg.)). Notes: 1766-1792
- sibling relationship with Christian VII, King of Denmark (born 29 January 1749)
- sibling relationship with Frederik, Hereditary Prince of Denmark (born 11 October 1753). Notes: Half-siblings
- sibling relationship with Louise, Princess of Denmark and Norway (born 30 January 1750)
- sibling relationship with Vilhelmine Caroline, Princess of Denmark (born 10 July 1747)
Sy Scholfield forwarded news report from "Wiener Zeitung," 6 August 1746: "Coppenhagen 5. Julii. Am Sonntag Abend zwischen 8. und 9. Uhren seund Ihro Konigl. Hoheit die Krön-Prinzessin zur allgemeinen Freude des Konigl. Hauses und des genzen landes, glüklich mit einer jungen Prinzessin entbunden worden." (Copenhagen July 5th. On Sunday evening between 8 and 9 o'clock, Her Highness the crown princess to the general joy of the Royal House, and the whole country, was happily delivered of a young princess).
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Two)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Oldenburg)