Sofia Albertina, Princess of Sweden
|Birthname||Sophia Maria Lovisa Fredrika Albertina|
|born on||9 October 1753 at 18:00 (= 6:00 PM )|
|Place||Stockholm, Sweden, 59n20, 18e03|
|Timezone||LMT m18e03 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||16°32' 16°37 Asc. 27°53'|
Swedish princess and the last Princess-Abbess of Quedlinburg Abbey, who as such reigned as vassal monarch of the Holy Roman Empire.
Sophia Albertina was the daughter of King Adolf Frederik of Sweden and Louisa Ulrika of Prussia. She was thus a princess of Sweden, a princess of Holstein-Gottorp and a sister to Gustav III of Sweden. She was a member of the Accademia di San Luca. When her brother Carl XIII of Sweden and the rest of the royal family also became Norwegian royalty in 1814, that did not include Sophia Albertina who then officially was called Royal Princess (of no country).
She was given her two names as namesake of her two grandmothers: the Prussian Queen Sophia Dorothea of Hanover and Margravine Albertina Frederica of Baden-Durlach.
She died on 17 March 1829, aged 75, in Stockholm.
- child->parent relationship with Luise Ulrike, Queen of Sweden (born 24 July 1720)
- sibling relationship with Fredrik Adolf, Prince of Sweden (born 18 July 1750)
- sibling relationship with Gustav III, King of Sweden (born 13 January 1746 Jul.Cal. (24 Jan 1746 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Karl XIII, King of Sweden and Norway (born 7 October 1748)
Sy Scholfield forwarded news report from "Wiener Zeitung," 3 November 1753, p. 5: "Berlin 18. Oct. Gestern, frühe , traf der Königl. Schwedische Major bey dem Leib-trabanten-corpo Baron von Falkenberg, als Curier, aus Stockholm in hiesiger Stadt ein, und überbrachte die Nachricht, daß die Königin von Schweden, den 9ten dieses Abends um 6. Uhr, von einer Prinzeßin seye entbunden worden."
(Berlin 18. Oct. Yesterday, the courier of the king of Stockholm, in the town of Falkenberg, delivered the news that the Queen of Sweden, on the 9th of this month at 6 o'clock in the evening, had been delivered of a Princess). Wikipedia gives 8 October, no source.
- Family : Relationship : Married late/never (Never)
- Family : Parenting : Kids none
- Vocation : Religion : Ecclesiastics/ western (Princess-Abbess)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Holstein-Gottorp)