|born on||9 December 1861|
|Place||Martigny, Switzerland, 46n06, 7e04|
|Timezone||LST m7e26 (is standard time)|
|New Moon before her birthday|
|Date||2 December 1861 at 02:17 (= 02:17 AM )|
|Place||Martigny, SWTZ, 46n06, 7e04|
|Astrology data||09°57' 09°56 Asc. 16°41'|
Swiss psychic from Martigny, called Hélène Smith. Her real name was Catherine-Elise Müller; Théodore Flournoy, a psychologist who made studies about her, gave that second name. Flournoy wrote a book about her, too. If Hélène fell in trance, she spoke all possible languages although she had never heard them.
She knew also the languages "Mars", "Ultramars", "Uranus" and "Moon", spoke Hindu, could write words in Arab and understood Sanscrit. Communicators with strange names - Esenal, Astané, Kanga, Pouzé, Ramié, Esepié and others - did the translation. As Sanscrit had no f she cared not to put one. She produced also a "Cagliostro", but without understanding the Italian language.
She liked to play the princess Simandini, which had allegedly lived in 1400. But all the words she said were pure fantasy, no French. It seemed, during the hypnotic sessions, that in this time the secondary personalities were at work - because in her normal life she had no talent for languages, she even hated them. Her father in the contrary had always liked them.
She died in Geneva on 10 June 1929 at the age of 67.
- compare to chart of Jung, Carl (born 26 July 1875). Notes: she occupied many who searched a sense in her words
Flournoy:"Des Indes à Planète Mars" (Etude sur un cas de somnambulisme avec Glossolalie)
Proceedings XII, page 277
- Traits : Mind : Exceptional mind (She was a genius concerning strange languages)
- Traits : Personality : Creative (Transforming with "personalities" in her mind)
- Traits : Personality : Eccentric
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Multiple Personality (if she was not in trance she knew nothing of all)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Phenomena (She knew that in Sanscrit nobody knew a "f")
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Psychic
- Personal : Misc. : Changed name