|born on||26 March 1954 at 23:27 (= 11:27 PM )|
|Place||Brooklyn (Kings County), New York, 40n38, 73w56|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||05°58' 00°17 Asc. 08°36'|
American activist, the founder of the Guardian Angels. The beret-wearing group is composed of former gang members who protect their neighborhood, working in cooperation with the police. Though they avoid vigilante methods, the cops are suspicious of them and the gangs hate them, so they walk a tough line in between the law and the lawless. They guard the subways and other areas where street crime breaks out, and are welcomed by the citizens whose lives they protect. They are centered in New York City and Los Angeles. Sliwa himself has a black belt in karate, and has been shot and had his life threatened. On 6/19/1992, he was shot five times in the stomach and chest. Unfortunately, his creation of newsworthy stories has damaged his credibility.
On July 22, 2004, John Gotti, Jr., age 40, son of Mafioso John Gotti, was charged with Sliwa's attempted murder and kidnapping in 1992.
Sliwa became a father for the first time in 2003; he is a radio show host in 2004.
- has other family relationship with Twins, St. James (born 9 November 2004)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 2003 (first/only child)
Lynne Palmer quotes him
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3
- Family : Parenting : Parenting late more than 40
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Groups (Former gang members, semi-vigilante group)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Sports (Karate black belt)
- Passions : Criminal Victim : Assault/ Battery victim (Shot and threatened)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Radio/ D.J./ Announcer
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ social (Group of ex-gang members, protect citizens against harm)
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator (The Guardian Angels)