|Birthname||Deborah Anne Dyer|
|born on||3 August 1967 at 05:45 (= 05:45 AM )|
|Place||London, England, 51n30, 0w10|
|Timezone||BST h1e (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||10°11' 03°22 Asc. 12°25'|
British singer, songwriter, electronic music DJ, and occasional model, best known as the lead vocalist of British rock band Skunk Anansie, a band often grouped as part of the Britrock movement in the UK. She gained attention for her powerful, wide-ranging soprano voice and trademark bald look.
In 2015, she joined the judging panel of the Italian version of the talent show The X Factor for one season, and 2016 was on the cover of the UK lesbian magazine Diva. After releasing new music and touring with Skunk Anansie, in 2018 Skin was featured as one of the cover stars of Classic Rock magazine’s special "She Rocks" issue and was honoured with the Inspirational Artist Award at the Music Week Awards ahead of celebrating 25 years of Skunk Anansie. She also appeared on the cover of Kerrang! magazine in November 2018.
Mavis Bayton, author of Frock Rock, stated that "women like Skin, Natacha Atlas, Yolanda Charles, Mary Genis, and Debbie Smith are now acting as crucial role models for future generations of black women".
Skin is openly bisexual. In 2013, she entered into a civil partnership with Christiana Wyly, daughter of American billionaire Sam Wyly. The couple split in 2015. In September 2020, Skin announced her engagement to Rayne Baron. In June 2021, the couple announced they are expecting their first child.
She was appointed Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in the 2021 Birthday Honours for services to music.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 24 September 2020 (Autobiography, "It Takes Blood and Guts")
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Prize 2021 (OBE)
Sy Scholfield quotes from It Takes Blood and Guts by Skin and Lucy O'Brien (Simon and Schuster, 2020): "I was born three years later, in Lambeth Hospital, on 3 August 1967. According to Mum, I was born just as the sun came through the window and kissed me on my cheek. I was given a religious name -- Deborah."
Sunrise occurred at 5:27 AM.
- Traits : Body : Appearance gorgeous
- Traits : Body : Hair (Trademark bald look)
- Traits : Body : Race (Black, Jamaican)
- Traits : Body : Voice/Speech (Powerful, wide-ranging soprano voice)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Same sex
- Passions : Sexuality : Bi-Sexual
- Vocation : Beauty : Model
- Vocation : Entertainment : Radio/ D.J./ Announcer ("The Skin Show")
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV host/ Personality
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (Skunk Anansie)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Song writer
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Other Entertain/Music (Electronic music DJ)
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer ("It Takes Blood and Guts")
- Notable : Awards : Public Service (OBE)