|Birthname||Marianna Dorothy Agnes Letitia McNulty|
|born on||15 September 1908 at 00:00 (= 12:00 midnight )|
|Place||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 39n57, 75w10|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||21°56' 25°18 Asc. 13°05'|
American actress with a 60-year career, who appeared as the comic-strip heroine Blondie Bumstead in a series of 28 motion pictures from 1938 until 1950 and the popular Blondie radio program from 1939 until 1950.
Singleton also provided the voice of Jane Jetson in the animated series The Jetsons which originally aired from 1962 until 1963, reprising the role for a syndicated revival from 1985 through 1988 and for assorted specials, records, and Jetsons: The Movie (1990).
For her contributions to both radio and the motion-picture industry, in 1960, Singleton was honoured with two stars as she was inducted to the Hollywood Walk of Fame for radio and for film.
She was active in union affairs as a member of the American Guild of Variety Artists. In 1967, she led a month-long strike by the Radio City Rockettes for better working conditions, which they won. She subsequently became the first woman to head an AFL-CIO union when she was elected President of AGVA in 1969.
She was married to Dr. Laurence Scogga Singleton, a dentist, from 1937 until their divorce in 1939. She was married to Robert Sparks from 1941 until his death on 22 July 1963. Singleton had a daughter with each of her husbands.
Following a stroke, she died in Sherman Oaks, California on 12 November 2003 at the age of 95 of respiratory failure.
- associate relationship with Berle, Milton (born 12 July 1908). Notes: Song and dance partners
- associate relationship with Ford, Glenn (born 1 May 1916). Notes: Co-stars in "Go West, Beautiful Lady"
- Relationship : Marriage 1937 (Dr. Laurence Scogga Singleton)
- Relationship : Divorce dates 1939 (Dr. Laurence Scogga Singleton)
- Relationship : Marriage 1941 (Robert Sparks)
Sy Scholfield provided birth certificate for "Mary Dorothy McNulty" stating birth occurred "at 12 A.M."
- Traits : Body : Hair (Natural brunette dyed blonde)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Stroke
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Lung (Respiratory failure)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (Second marriage)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (One)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two daughters)
- Lifestyle : Work : Same Job more than 10 yrs (60-year acting career)
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease (Respiratory failure)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 95)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Film, TV, radio)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Child performer
- Vocation : Entertainment : Voice-Over
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Vocation : Politics : Labor unions (President of AGVA)
- Notable : Awards : Hall of Fame (Hollywood Walk for film and radio)
- Notable : Famous : First in Field (First woman to head an AFL-CIO union)