|born on||21 August 1926 at 06:30 (= 06:30 AM )|
|Place||Indore, India, 22n43, 75e50|
|Timezone||IST h5e30 (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||27°13' 22°20 Asc. 02°00'|
Indian Hindustani classical singer and theatre actress, who performed in many sangeet nataks (musical plays) in various roles. She also composed music for some of these plays. In a career spanning more than 50 years, she appeared in over 4500 shows. She was married to actor-singer Jayram Shiledar along with whom she established the production banner of "Marathi Rangabhoomi". The pair is credited for revamping the Marathi music industry. She was presented with the Padma Shri award in 2013.
Jaymala Shiledar underwent bypass heart surgery in 2000 and then used a pacemaker. After these operations, she could not sing or even speak for long durations. She suffered renal failure as well as symptoms of cardiac failure in Pune after a prolonged illness and died there on 8 August 2013, aged 86.
- Health : Medical procedure 2000 (Heart bypass surgery)
From Ashish Seth by email: "Date of birth: 21 August 1926; Time of birth: 6:30 am; Place of birth: Indore; Source notes: Birth details shared from Shiledar family via a friend in theatre industry, in Mumbai."
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Heart
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Kidney (Renal failure)
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 86)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Composer/ Arranger
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc. (Indian Hindustani classical)