|born on||16 June 1926 at 22:40 (= 10:40 PM )|
|Place||Jamshedpur, India, 22n48, 86e11|
|Timezone||LST m88e20 (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||24°46' 05°25 Asc. 23°55'|
Indian singer and a noted Hindustani classical vocalist of the Patiala Gharana, known for her performances of khyal, thumri, and bhajan. She was the sister-in-law of sitar player Ravi Shankar and the mother-in-law of violinist L. Subramaniam (her daughter Vijayashree 'Viji' Shankar Subramaniam being his first wife). Lakshmi Shankar died on 30 December 2013 at age 87 in Simi Valley, California, USA.
- associate relationship with Gandhi, Mohandas (born 2 October 1869)
- other kin relationship with Shankar, Ravi (1920) (born 7 April 1920). Notes: sister in law
Radha Shenoy sent screenshot from Poignant Song: The Life and Music of Lakshmi Shankar by Kavita Das (HarperCollins India, 2019): "In 1922, Visalakshi gave birth to a son, Srinivas, affectionately known as Cheenu. Four years later, on 16 June 1926 at 10.40 p.m., Lakshmi was born. She was originally named Mahalakshmi after her paternal grandmother, but her name was later shortened."
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 87)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Dancer/ Teacher
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Folk Music (Hindustani classical)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc. (Hindustani classical)