|Birthname||Robert Castle Schoen|
|born on||1 February 1934 at 23:37 (= 11:37 PM )|
|Place||Hilo, Hawaii, 19n44, 155w05|
|Timezone||HST h10w30 (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||12°53' 13°22 Asc. 05°57'|
American singer and guitarist who was a founding member of The Kingston Trio. In that capacity, Shane became a seminal figure in the revival of folk and other acoustic music as a popular art form in the United States in the late 1950s through the mid-1960s.
The success of the Kingston Trio in its heyday had repercussions far beyond its voluminous album sales (including four albums simultaneously in the Top 10 in 1959), its host of imitators, and the relatively short-lived pop-folk boom it created. For the Kingston Trio's success took acoustic folk-based music out of the niche market it had occupied prior to the Trio's arrival and moved it into the mainstream of American popular music, opening the door for major record labels to record and market both more traditional folk musicians and singer-songwriters as well.
Shane was married for 23 years to the former Louise Brandon; they had five children. The marriage ended in divorce and he remarried in 2000 to Bobbi Childress. He died on 26 January 2020 at a hospice facility in Phoenix, Arizona at the age of 85.
- associate relationship with Stewart, John (born 5 September 1939). Notes: Members of "The Kingston Trio," 1961-1967
Sy Scholfield provided birth report, "Schoens Greet Second Child," Hawaii Tribune-Herald (Hilo, Hawaii), 2 February 1934, page 1, born at Hilo Memorial hospital.
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (23 years with Louise Brandon)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (One)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Five)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 85)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Folk Music
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (The Kingston Trio)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Guitarist)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc. (Folk-pop)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession