|born on||16 April 1971|
|Place||Lake Jackson, Texas, 29n02, 95w26|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||26°06' or|
American singer, songwriter, spokesperson, businesswoman, model, actress, and fashion designer, referred to as the "Queen of Tejano music". Her contributions to music and fashion made her one of the most celebrated Mexican-American entertainers of the late 20th century. Billboard magazine named her the top-selling Latin artist of the 1990s decade, while her posthumous collaboration with MAC cosmetics became the best-selling celebrity collection in cosmetics history. She also ranks among the most influential Latin artists of all time and is credited for catapulting a music genre into the mainstream market.
Selena was shot and killed on 31 March 1995 by Yolanda Saldívar, her friend and the former manager of her "Selena Etc." boutiques. Saldívar was cornered by police when she attempted to flee and threatened to kill herself but was convinced to give herself up. She was convicted of murder and sentenced to life in prison with possible parole after 30 years.
Selena's posthumous crossover album, Dreaming of You (1995), debuted atop the Billboard 200, making Selena the first Latin artist to accomplish this feat. In 1997, Warner Bros. released Selena, a film about her life and career, which starred a then-unknown Jennifer Lopez as Selena, catapulting her into fame. In 2020, Netflix released Selena: The Series starring Christian Serratos. Selena has sold around 30 million records worldwide, making her one of the best-selling female artists in Latin music.
- role played of/by Lopez, Jennifer (born 24 July 1969). Notes: in 1997 film "Selena"
- Death by Homicide 31 March 1995 at 11:48 AM in Corpus Christi (Shot and killed by Yolanda Saldívar)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Lepoivre gives 2:29 AM and claims the source as "Selena: como la flor" by Joe Patoski, by email, not verified". (Sy Scholfield searched this book and found no mention of a time of birth. It does state that she was born at "Freeport Community Hospital, on Easter Sunday, April 16, 1971"). Selena's grave gives her birthdate as 16 April. 
Scholfield notes that the Texas Birth Index gives her date of birth as 16 April but her birth notice gives 17 April (The Brazosport Facts, Freeport, Texas, 20 April 1971, page 2).
- Traits : Body : Appearance gorgeous
- Traits : Personality : Loved by all
- Family : Childhood : Family extraordinarily supportive
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Youngest of three)
- Family : Childhood : Sibling circumstances (sister Suzette, brother A.B.)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage less than 3 Yrs (1992-1995; her death)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Chris Pérez)
- Family : Parenting : Kids none
- Lifestyle : Work : Start young less than 16
- Lifestyle : Work : Work in team/ Tandem (family Tejano band)
- Passions : Criminal Victim : Homicide victim
- Personal : Death : Short Life less than 29 Yrs (age 23)
- Vocation : Beauty : Designer/ Fashion
- Vocation : Beauty : Model
- Vocation : Business : Business owner
- Vocation : Business : Entrepreneur
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : Child performer
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage (concerts, tours, performances)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Dancer/ Teacher
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (Selena y Los Dinos)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Song writer
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Notable : Awards : Grammy
- Notable : Awards : Hall of Fame
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (numerous music awards)
- Notable : Famous : Criminal cases
- Notable : Famous : Newsmaker
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession