|born on||9 October 1919 at 02:30 (= 02:30 AM )|
|Place||Dirlewang, Germany, 48n00, 10e30|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||14°43' 07°46 Asc. 00°25'|
German-Austrian soprano who made her operatic debut in "Aida" in Aachen, 1940. As a child she studied with her father before entering Augsburg Conservatory, and later studied with Paoloa Novikova. She joined the Vienna State Opera in 1943 and made a London debut with the company in 1947.
Seefried sang at Salzburg, Stuttgart, La Scala, and had one season at the Met. A vibrant, spontaneous performer, she had a warm soprano voice and sympathetic musicianship. Her greatest success was in the postwar years singing the operas of Mozart and Strauss. She was noted for clarity of voice and an appealing stage presence.
In 1953, she and her husband violinist Wolfgang Schneiderhan, with whom she had two daughters, did a world tour together. Her debut at the Met in New York was on 11/20/1953. She did several concert tours of the U.S. and of the Far East during the '50s.
Seefried died of cancer 11/24/1988, Vienna, Austria.
- Work : New Career 1940 (Debut in "Aida")
- Work : New Job 1943 (Vienna State opera)
- Work : New Job 1947 (London debut)
- Social : Begin Travel 1953 (Began world tour)
B.C. in hand from Steinbrecher
- Traits : Personality : Charismatic (Appealing stage presence)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Terminal)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One lengthy marriage)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two daughters)
- Lifestyle : Work : Mentor/Tutor
- Lifestyle : Work : Travel for work (Tours)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/Opera (Soprano)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women