|Birthname||Kurt Hermann Eduard Karl Julius Schwitters|
|born on||20 June 1887 at 02:30 (= 02:30 AM )|
|Place||Hannover, Germany, 52n24, 9e44|
|Timezone||LMT m9e44 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||28°23' 11°38 Asc. 08°20'|
German artist who worked in several genres and media, including Dadaism, Constructivism, Surrealism, poetry, sound, painting, sculpture, graphic design, typography, and what came to be known as installation art. He is most famous for his collages, called Merz Pictures.
On 8 January 1948, Schwitters died from acute pulmonary edema and myocarditis, in Kendal Hospital, England. He was 60.
- associate relationship with Doesburg, Nelly van (born 27 July 1899). Notes: Dada performance collaborators
- associate relationship with Doesburg, Theo van (born 30 August 1883). Notes: Dada performance collaborators
- friend relationship with Nebel, Otto (born 25 December 1892)
- (has as) benefactor relationship with Walden, Herwarth (born 16 September 1878)
- compare to chart of Rauschenberg, Robert (born 22 October 1925). Notes: Schwitters' work influenced Rauschenberg's work
Sy Scholfield quotes from "Schwitters` Geburtshaus liegt woanders" by Conrad von Meding, 24 May 2016 : "Kurt Schwitters, einer der wenigen hannoverschen Künstler von Weltrang, kam am 20. Juni 1887 als Kurt Hermann Eduard Karl Julius frühmorgens um 2.30 Uhr zur Welt."
Translation: Kurt Schwitters, one of the few Hanoverian world-class artists, was born on 20 June 1887, as Kurt Hermann Eduard Karl Julius, at 2.30 A.M. early in the morning.
Info in article quoted from historian Prof. Walter Selke.
- Vocation : Art : Fine art artist (Painting, sculpture, graphic design, typography)
- Vocation : Writers : Poet