|born on||12 January 1878 at 06:00 (= 06:00 AM )|
|Place||Heidelberg, Germany, 49n25, 8e43|
|Timezone||LMT m8e43 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||21°56' 26°54 Asc. 22°12'|
German physician, theosophist and astrologer, who was initially a piano maker, but then studied medicine on the advice of Rudolf Steiner and practised as a homeopathic doctor in Berlin. He was a board member of the German Society for Occultism, founder of the Heidelberg Theosophical Lodge and, according to Dr. Herbert Fritsche, "the clairvoyant esoteric and superior connoisseur of the occult training path". In Franz Hartmann he had a friend and teacher on his spiritual path.
His astrological interest was mainly medical, and he was one of the first to try to prove astrological claims statistically, for example about longevity in relation to certain signs of the zodiac (Sternenmächte und Mensch/ English: Star Powers and Man).
Together with Dr. Fritz Quade and others, he founded the "Academic Society for Astrological Research" in 1924 to fight against the popularisation of astrology, which in the view of the founders would only lead to charlatanism and superstition. Possibly this association is identical with the later "Society of Academic Astrologers", of which Schwab was also a member.
In his essay on The Chakras, he reflected on the nature of the influence of the stars on human destiny, and concluded that the stars have a direct effect on the subtle body of man, which he saw as a "mediation between the cosmos and the physical body", and whose most famous expression is the chakras. In assigning the planets to the chakras he also referred to Gichtel.
He died on 18 June 1946 at Heidelberg at age 68.
- business associate/partner relationship with Fritsche, Herbert (born 14 June 1911)
- friend relationship with Hartmann, Franz (born 22 November 1838)
- (has as) teacher relationship with Steiner, Rudolf (born 25 February 1861)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1923 ("Sternenmächte und Mensch: Statistische u. experimentelle Beiträge zur modernen Astrologie")
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1923 ("Teleplasma und Telekinese. Ergebnisse meiner zweijährigen Experimentalsitzungen mit dem Berliner Medium Maria Vollhart")
- Death, Cause unspecified 18 June 1946 (Age 68)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1947 ("Vor der Geburt und nach dem Tode: Geburt und Tod. Als Durchgangspforten des 'innwendigen' Menschen")
Niehenke quotes ÖAG (Austrian Astrological Society).
- Vocation : Healing Fields : Alternative methods (Homeopathy)
- Vocation : Medical : Physician
- Vocation : Occult Fields : Astrologer
- Vocation : Occult Fields : Other Occult Fields (Theosophist)
- Vocation : Writers : Astrology