|Birthname||Gerhard Arthur Scholem|
|born on||5 December 1897 at 00:15 (= 12:15 AM )|
|Place||Berlin, Germany, 52n29, 13e21|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||13°08' 27°00 Asc. 20°20'|
German-born Israeli Jewish philosopher and historian, born and raised in Germany. He is widely regarded as the founder of the modern, academic study of Kabbalah, becoming the first Professor of Jewish Mysticism at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
He died on 21 February 1982.
- associate relationship with Elias, Norbert (born 22 June 1897)
- friend relationship with Benjamin, Walter (born 15 July 1892)
- friend relationship with Brauer, Erich (born 28 June 1895)
- friend relationship with Strauss, Leo (born 20 September 1899)
- sibling relationship with Scholem, Werner (born 29 December 1895)
- (has as) student relationship with Quispel, Gilles (born 30 May 1916)
- Other Social 1923 (emigrated to Palestine)
- Work : New Job 1933 (became the first professor of Jewish mysticism at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem)
Sy Scholfield provided birth registry entry from Berlin City Archives.
Previously this entry had same data (rated A): Isaac Starkman writes: The birth time was supplied to me by Gershom Scholem himself in 1977.
- Vocation : Education : Librarian
- Vocation : Education : Researcher (professor of Jewish mysticism)
- Vocation : Occult Fields : Other Occult Fields (Kabbalist)