Schlachter, Franz Eugen
|born on||28 July 1859 at 16:00 (= 4:00 PM )|
|Place||Mulhouse, France, 47n45, 7e20|
|Timezone||LMT m7e20 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||04°58' 17°05 Asc. 10°49'|
Swiss revivalist preacher, classical scholar and the translator of the German language Schlachter Bible.
He began his translation of the Bible, beginning with the book of Job in 1893. In 1905 the Miniaturbibel (Miniature Bible) was completed, named for its size (1 cm thick), small enough to carry in a pocket. The translation was faithful to the Greek and Hebrew transcripts.
He was married to Maria, with whom he had four children. On 12 January 1911 he died in Bern of a stomach illness.
Sy Scholfield forwarded birth certificate n°1009 from the online Haut-Rhin departmental archives, image 38/221.
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Other body problems (Stomach)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Four)
- Vocation : Religion : Ecclesiastics/ western (Protestant minister)
- Vocation : Writers : Translator