|Birthname||Siegfried Loraine Sassoon|
|born on||8 September 1886|
|Place||Brenchley, England, 51n0855, 0e2339|
|Timezone||GMT h0e (is standard time)|
English poet, writer, and soldier, decorated for bravery on the Western Front. He became one of the leading poets of the First World War. His poetry both described the horrors of the trenches, and satirised the patriotic pretensions of those who, in Sassoon's view, were responsible for a jingoism-fuelled war. Sassoon became a focal point for dissent within the armed forces when he made a lone protest against the continuation of the war in his "Soldier's Declaration" of 1917, culminating in his admission to a military psychiatric hospital; this resulted in his forming a friendship with Wilfred Owen, who was greatly influenced by him. Sassoon later won acclaim for his prose work, notably his three-volume fictionalised autobiography, collectively known as the "Sherston trilogy".
Sassoon had a succession of love affairs with men, including actor Ivor Novello, actor Glen Byam Shaw, Prince Philipp of Hesse, writer Beverley Nichols, and aristocrat Stephen Tennant. On 18 December 1933, Sassoon married Hester Gatty. They had one son.
Siegfried Sassoon died from stomach cancer on 1 September 1967 in Heytesbury, Wiltshire, one week before his 81st birthday.
- associate relationship with Bennett, Arnold (born 27 May 1867)
- friend relationship with Forster, E. M. (born 1 January 1879)
- friend relationship with Gosse, Edmund (born 21 September 1849)
- friend relationship with Hardy, Thomas (born 2 June 1840)
- friend relationship with Head, Henry (born 4 August 1861)
- lover relationship with Nichols, Beverley (born 9 September 1899)
- lover relationship with Novello, Ivor (born 15 January 1893)
Sy Scholfield quotes birth notice in The Times newspaper (London, England), 10 September 1886, p. 1: "On the 8th inst., the wife of Alfred Sassoon, Weirleigh, Brenchley, Kent, of a son." No birth time given.
Starkman rectified to 05.22.48 GMT Asc 14Vir38'
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Other body problems (Stomach)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One son)
- Passions : Sexuality : Bi-Sexual
- Vocation : Military : Honors
- Vocation : Military : Military service
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer
- Vocation : Writers : Poet