|born on||23 April 1924|
|Place||Lena, Norway, 60n40, 10e49|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||03°00' or|
Norwegian-Swedish historical fantasy author who had been the best-selling author in the Nordic Countries since the 1980s, when her novel series of 47 books, The Legend of the Ice People, was published. She also wrote many other book series such as Häxmästaren and Legenden om Ljusets rike.
Among other things, typical features of her works are history, fantasy, romance, suspense and supernatural phenomena. The plots of her books are often very complex and meandering, and continue from one book to another. In the central role are distinct amulets, old writings and symbols, which the main characters decipher in order to solve riddles, while fighting against evil powers. The events of the majority of her novels take place in Europe in the Middle Ages and in the beginning of Modern Times, especially in Norway and Iceland. Sometimes the main characters have adventures further away, such as in Spain and Austria. Medieval knight castles, bewitched forests and old-fashioned, idyllic manor milieu are among the settings in which the stories take place.
She was the second eldest of five children. She was raped four times in childhood, first at age 8, and these tragic and violent experiences led to her attempted suicide at the age of 17, using sleeping pills.
In 1945, she met her future husband Asbjørn Sandemo (1917–1999) during the haymaking in the West Mountains of Vestre Slidre in Valdres. He was a plumber by trade and a WWII veteran. They married on 29 March 1946 in Strängnäs. There was seven children, but only three lived; four others were born dead or miscarried.
Margit Sandemo died on 1 September 2018, aged 94, in Scania, Sweden.
- Death of Mate 1999 (Asbjørn Sandemo)
Sy Scholfield quotes from Livsglæde - en selvbiografi (Life Happiness: An Autobiography) by Margit Sandemo (Jentas, 2018): "Jeg blev født i Lena, Østre Toten, hvor mine forældre boede, før de kunne overtage gården i Valdres. Det var den 23. april 1924." Translation: I was born in Lena, Østre Toten, where my parents lived before they could take over the farm in Valdres. It was 23 April 1924.
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Second eldest of five)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (1946-1999)
- Family : Parenting : Birthing - Miscarriages
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Seven, but only three lived)
- Passions : Sexuality : Sex Organs (Damaged urethra from rape)
- Passions : Criminal Victim : Rape/ Sex crime victim (Raped 4 times in childhood)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 94)
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer ("Livsglede")
- Vocation : Writers : Fiction
- Vocation : Writers : Sci-Fi/ Fantasy/ Horror