|Birthname||Douglas Wayne Sahm|
|born on||6 November 1941 at 11:00 (= 11:00 AM )|
|Place||San Antonio, Texas, 29n25, 98w30|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||13°54' 12°25 Asc. 07°21'|
American musician from Texas, a child prodigy in country music who became a significant figure in roots rock and other genres. Sahm is considered one of the most important figures in what is identified as Tex-Mex music. He was the founder and leader of the 1960s rock and roll band, the Sir Douglas Quintet. He would later co-found the Texas Tornados with Augie Meyers, Freddy Fender, and Flaco Jiménez as well as Los Super Seven.
Sahm was proficient on multiple musical instruments and was a lifelong baseball fan.
Sahm died of a heart attack in his sleep in a motel room in Taos, New Mexico, on 18 November 1999, aged 58.
Sy Scholfield quotes him in an interview: "It's made a whole new person out of me. It's my Gemini moon. I'm Scorpio with Capricorn risin', Gemini moon" ("Sir Douglas of the Quintet Is Back (in Texas)" by Chet Flippo, RollingStone, 8 July 1971 ). Full birth name, date, year and place (Bexar county) from Texas Birth Index. A speculative time of 11am gives this combination.
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Heart
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Conductor (Bandleader)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (Sir Douglas Quintet; Texas Tornados)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Guitar, steel guitar, mandolin, violin, keyboards)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Song writer
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Rapper