|Birthname||Russell Craig Eadie|
|born on||10 January 1948 at 22:30 (= 10:30 PM )|
|Place||Toronto, Ontario (CAN), 43n39, 79w23|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||19°49' 17°54 Asc. 24°21'|
Canadian gay troubadour, an actor and entertainer who masqueraded his genius in the guise of female alter egos.
Born at Toronto General Hospital he was adopted by Russell Eadie and his wife Norma Hall.
He began to perform as an impersonator in gay clubs in 1967, known for his stunning interpretations of Mae West, Bette Davis and others. He starred in the film Outrageous in 1977 where he was critically acclaimed; in 1978 he won the Best Actor Award at the Berlin Festival film award.
He toured Las Vegas, Hollywood, San Francisco, Berlin, London, Paris, Amsterdam, Hamburg and Sydney.
Russell fathered a daughter, Susan Allison ("Allison"), who was born on 6 January 1973 in Toronto. Father and daughter developed a relationship in the years before his death. Although he publicly identified as gay rather than bisexual, Russell married his close female friend Lori Jenkins in 1982.
He died of a stroke due to complications of AIDS in Toronto, Canada at midnight on the night of 30 October 1990 at age 42.
- (has as) mentor relationship with West, Mae (born 17 August 1892). Notes: He was also her secretary
- Work : New Job 1967 (Night club acts)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 6 January 1973 (Birth of daughter)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1977 (Appeared in "Outrageous")
- Work : Prize 1978 in Berlin (Best Actor Award, Berlin Film Festival)
- Death by Disease 30 October 1990 at 11:59 PM in Toronto (Stroke, AIDS, age 42)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Brian Clark quotes him (born 1950) from his records on file, 1981.
The birth year of 1948, name of birth hospital, along with the names of his adoptive parents are given in the biography, Outrageous Misfits: Female Impersonator Craig Russell and His Wife, Lori Russell Eadie by Brian Bradley (Dundurn, 2020).
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : AIDS/ HIV (Terminal)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Stroke
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Alcohol
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Drugs
- Family : Childhood : Parents divorced (When he was 9)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One daughter)
- Lifestyle : Work : Travel for work
- Passions : Sexuality : Bi-Sexual
- Passions : Sexuality : Gay
- Vocation : Business : Clerical/ Secretarial
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : Night Club/ Vaudeville (Night club circuit)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Best Actor Award Berlin Festival)
- Notable : Book Collection : Occult/ Misc. Collection