Rupprecht, Crown Prince of Bavaria
|Birthname||Rupprecht Maria Luitpold Ferdinand|
|born on||18 May 1869 at 08:55 (= 08:55 AM )|
|Place||Munich, Germany, 48n08, 11e34|
|Timezone||LMT m11e34 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||27°23' 20°07 Asc. 01°21'|
German royalty, the last Bavarian Crown Prince. Rupprecht was the eldest of the thirteen children of Ludwig III, the last King of Bavaria, and of Archduchess Maria Theresa of Austria-Este. He was a member of the lineage of both Louis XIV of France and William the Conqueror.
At the age of 31, Rupprecht married his kinswoman Duchess Marie Gabrielle in Bavaria, with whom he had five children before her early death in 1912 at the age of 34. He married Princess Antoinette of Luxembourg on 7 April 1921. They had six children.
In 1906, he was made commander of the Bavarian I Army Corps, with the rank of lieutenant general of the infantry, promoted to full general in 1913. Rupprecht achieved the rank of field marshal (Generalfeldmarschall) in July 1916.
He died 2 August 1955, aged 86.
- parent->child relationship with Albrecht, Duke of Bavaria (born 3 May 1905)
- child->parent relationship with Ludwig III, King of Bavaria (born 7 January 1845)
- child->parent relationship with Marie Therese, Queen Consort of Bavaria (born 2 July 1849)
- spouse relationship with Antonia, Princess of Luxembourg (born 7 October 1899). Notes: 1921-1954
- spouse relationship with Marie Gabriele, Duchess in Bavaria (born 9 October 1878). Notes: 1900-1912
- sibling relationship with Adelgunde, Princess of Bavaria (born 17 October 1870)
- sibling relationship with Franz, Prince of Bavaria (born 10 October 1875)
- sibling relationship with Gundelinde, Princess of Bavaria (born 26 August 1891)
- sibling relationship with Hildegard Maria, Princess of Bavaria (born 5 March 1881)
- sibling relationship with Karl, Prince of Bavaria (born 1 April 1874)
- sibling relationship with Maria Ludwiga Theresia, Princess of Bavaria (born 6 July 1872)
- sibling relationship with Mathilde, Princess of Bavaria (born 17 August 1877)
- sibling relationship with Wolfgang, Prince of Bavaria (born 2 July 1879)
Sy Scholfield quotes "Rupprecht von Wittelsbach, Kronprinz von Bayern" by Kurt Sendtner (R. Pflaum, 1954), p. 18: "Am Tage nach dem 18. Mai 1869 meldeten die „Münchner Neuesten Nachrichten": „Die Frau Erzherzogin Maria Theresia, Gremahlin des Prinzen Ludwig von Bayern, ist gestern morgens, kurz vor 9 Uhr, von einem Prinzen glücklich entbunden worden.""
Translation: The day after May 18, 1869 the 'Munich Latest News' reported: 'The Archduchess Maria Theresia, wife of Prince Ludwig of Bavaria, yesterday morning, just before 9 o'clock, was happily delivered of a prince.'
- Vocation : Military : Military career (Generalfeldmarschall)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Wittelsbach)