|Birthname||Charles, Rupaul Andre|
|born on||17 November 1960 at 18:52 (= 6:52 PM )|
|Place||San Diego, California, 32n43, 117w09|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||25°46' 14°05 Asc. 29°15'|
American actor, drag queen, television personality, and recording artist. Since 2009, he has hosted and produced the drag queen reality show RuPaul's Drag Race, for which he won an Emmy in 2016.
A black, 6' 5" (195 cm) drag queen who is an image of class and glamour in full costume, RuPaul grew up in a houseful of women, with his mom, Ernestine, and sisters Renetta, Renne and Rosalind. His mom ruled the roost, undemonstrative except when she let loose with her big temper.
RuPaul realized at age eight that he was gay. When he went into the hospital for a hernia operation, he saw a nude man and had so vivid an emotional response that it was an epiphany. He had an awkward adolescence, moving toward a career as a drag performer. In 1982 he appeared on public access TV in the American Awards Show, dressed as a woman. He worked at night as a go-go dancer, spending his 20s experimenting with uppers, downers, heroin and coke until he ended up homeless and broke.
At 26, he moved back home to his mom for a period of reappraisal, a personal and spiritual overhaul, emerging with a new sense of identity and comfortable with himself, "I'm black, I'm gay and I'm a man." He is the author of an autobiography "Lettin' It All Hang Out."
RuPaul achieved international fame as a drag queen with the hit song "Supermodel (You Better Work)" from his album Supermodel of the World (1993) and later dueted with Elton John on the song "Don't Go Breaking My Heart".
RuPaul has been with his Australian partner, Georges LeBar, since 1994, when they met at the Limelight nightclub in New York City. They married in January 2017. LeBar is a painter and runs a 50,000-acre (200,000,000 m2) ranch in Wyoming.
- associate relationship with Belli, Willam (born 30 June 1982). Notes: Belli was a castmate on 4th season of "RuPaul's Drag Race"
- associate relationship with Carrera, Carmen (born 13 April 1985)
- associate relationship with Delano, Adore (born 29 September 1989)
- associate relationship with Dubrow, Terry (born 14 September 1958). Notes: Co-hosts of "Good Work"
- associate relationship with Entertainment: RuPaul's Drag Race (born 2 February 2009). Notes: Host, mentor, and head judge
- associate relationship with Farrah Moan (born 11 September 1993)
- associate relationship with McMichaels, Morgan (born 28 May 1981)
- associate relationship with Monsoon, Jinkx (born 18 September 1987)
- associate relationship with Visage, Michelle (born 20 September 1968)
- associate relationship with Zamolodchikova, Katya (born 1 May 1982)
- friend relationship with Gold, Ari (born 11 February 1974)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1982 (American Awards show)
- Relationship : Begin significant relationship 1994 (Georges LeBar)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1995 (Autobiography, "Lettin' It All Hang Out")
- Work : Prize 2016 (Wins Emmy)
John McKay-Clements quotes B.C. 9/1997. PT has a copy of the birth certificate in hand confirming this time. However David Hamblin pointed out that RuPaul's website says: …"was born November 17th, 7:58 p.m. at Mercy Hospital in San Diego, California. When asked what she named her baby boy, my Mother replied, "His name is RuPaul Andre Charles and he's gonna be a star! Cause ain't another mother f**ker alive with a name like that!"
- Traits : Body : Hair (Blonde wigs)
- Traits : Body : Race (Black)
- Traits : Body : Size (6 ft 5 in/ 1.95 m)
- Traits : Personality : Unique
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Surgery (Hernia operation)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Drugs
- Family : Childhood : Sibling circumstances (Three sisters)
- Family : Relationship : Cohabitation more than 3 yrs (Georges LeBar, since 1994)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Same sex (Georges LeBar)
- Passions : Sexuality : Gay
- Passions : Sexuality : Transvestite
- Vocation : Beauty : Model
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Drag queen performer, noted)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV host/ Personality
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Dancer/ Teacher (Go-go dancer, initially)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Song writer
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ social
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer ("Lettin' It All Hang Out")
- Vocation : Writers : Playwright/ script (Screenwriter)
- Notable : Awards : Emmy
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession