|Birthname||Richard Merrill Rowell|
|born on||6 August 1916 at 14:30 (= 2:30 PM )|
|Place||Sonoma, California, 38n18, 122w27|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||14°05' 14°49 Asc. 04°27'|
United States Navy officer, a pilot who received the Distinguished Flying Cross for downing a Japanese plane on 20 February 1942. During the Battle of the Coral Sea 7 to 8 May 1942, he won a gold star in lieu of a second Distinguished Flying Cross, before failing to return from his last mission. The navy destroyer escort, USS Richard M. Rowell (DE-403), was named in his honor.
Sy Scholfield provided birth certificate.
- Personal : Death : Short Life less than 29 Yrs (Age 25)
- Vocation : Military : Combat
- Vocation : Military : Honors (Distinguished Flying Cross with Gold Star added)
- Vocation : Military : Killed
- Vocation : Military : Military service (U.S. Navy, WWII)
- Vocation : Travel : Pilot/ military (Navy)