|Birthname||Marie Germaine Marcelle Roulin|
|born on||31 July 1888 at 05:00 (= 05:00 AM )|
|Place||Lambesc, France, 43n39, 5e16|
|Timezone||LMT m5e16 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||08°20' 12°03 Asc. 09°40'|
French infant who, along with her family, was painted by Vincent Van Gogh in 1888 at Arles. The family included her postman father Joseph Roulin; her mother, Augustine; and her two siblings. Van Gogh described the family as "really French, even if they look like Russians." In exchange for their work as models, Van Gogh gave the Roulins one painting for each family member.
Marcelle Roulin, the youngest child in the family, was four months old when Van Gogh made her portraits. She died on 22 February 1980 at age 91.
She was painted three times by herself and twice on her mother’s lap. The three works of her as a single figure show the same head and shoulders image of Marcelle with her chubby cheeks and arms against a green background.
- child->parent relationship with Roulin, Augustine (born 9 October 1851)
- child->parent relationship with Roulin, Joseph (born 4 April 1841)
- sibling relationship with Roulin, Armand (born 5 May 1871)
- sibling relationship with Roulin, Camille (born 10 July 1877)
- (has as) other hierarchical relationship with Van Gogh, Vincent (born 30 March 1853). Notes: Painter/ model
Sy Scholfield provided birth registry entry from Bouches-du-Rhône archives (no. 39).
- Vocation : Beauty : Model (Posed for paintings by Vincent Van Gogh)
- Notable : Famous : Other Famous (Model for famous paintings by Van Gogh)