Rothschild, Maurice de
|Birthname||Maurice Edmond Charles de Rothschild|
|born on||19 May 1881 at 07:00 (= 07:00 AM )|
|Place||Boulogne Billancourt, France, 48n50, 2e15|
|Timezone||LMT m2e15 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||28°23' 10°37 Asc. 10°18'|
French art collector, vineyard owner, financier and politician, born into the Rothschild banking family of France. Rothschild served as a member of the French Senate.
He was the second child of Edmond James de Rothschild (1845–1934) and Adelheid von Rothschild. He grew up at the Château Rothschild in Boulogne-Billancourt.
Rothschild inherited a fortune from the childless Adolphe Carl von Rothschild (1823–1900) of the Naples branch of the family and moved to Geneva, Switzerland where he perpetuated the new Swiss branch of the family.
In 1909 Maurice de Rothschild married Noémie de Rothschild. Her mother was Marie Hermine Rodrigues Péreire (1860–1936), daughter of Eugène Péreire of the Péreire banking family whose Crédit Mobilier were arch-competitors of the Rothschilds. Noémie Halphen and Maurice de Rothschild had one child, a son Edmond.
In June 1940, during the Battle of France, Rothschild and several family members received Portuguese visas from Aristides de Sousa Mendes, allowing them to flee France for Portugal. Maurice de Rothschild sailed from Lisbon to Scotland the following month.
He died on 4 September 1957, aged 76, in Pregny-Chambésy, Switzerland.
- parent->child relationship with Rothschild, Edmond de (born 30 September 1926)
- child->parent relationship with Rothschild, Adelheid von (born 19 August 1853)
- child->parent relationship with Rothschild, Edmond James de (born 19 August 1845)
- spouse relationship with Rothschild, Noémie de (born 29 June 1888). Notes: 1909-1957
Sy Scholfield provided birth certificate (acte n° 276) from the Hauts-de-Seine archives.
- Family : Childhood : Advantaged
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (Rothschilds)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One son)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Inheritance
- Lifestyle : Financial : Invest/ Collectibles (Art)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Wealthy
- Vocation : Business : Banker/ Financier
- Vocation : Politics : Public office
- Vocation : Misc. : Farmer/ Rancher (Vineyard owner)