Rothschild, Alain de
|Birthname||James Gustave Jules Alain de Rothschild|
|born on||7 January 1910 at 23:30 (= 11:30 PM )|
|Place||Paris, France, 48n52, 2e20|
|Timezone||PMT m2e2015 (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||16°49' 05°07 Asc. 06°39'|
French banker and philanthropist, the son of Baron Robert de Rothschild and Gabrielle Nelly Beer. He started his career at Rothschild Freres, later known as Banque Rothschild, a family investment bank, in 1946. He owned 25%.
In the aftermath of the 1980 Paris synagogue bombing, he suggested French politicians did not care about what had happened, and questioned "the inexplicable impotence" of the French police. Through the CRIF, he negotiated with President Giscard d'Estaing for increased police forces to keep synagogues safe. He spoke out against the Goldenberg restaurant attack, also in Paris, shortly before his death.
He died of a heart attack on 17 October 1982 in New York City.
- sibling relationship with Rothschild, Élie de (born 29 May 1917)
- other kin relationship with Rothschild, Guy de (born 21 May 1909). Notes: Cousins
Didier Geslain archive, 'banques' pdf file, p. 58.
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Heart disease/attack
- Family : Childhood : Family noted
- Family : Parenting : Kids - Noted
- Lifestyle : Financial : Philanthropist
- Lifestyle : Financial : Wealthy
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease (Heart attack)
- Vocation : Business : Banker/ Financier
- Vocation : Business : Business owner