Ross, Marion (1928)
|born on||25 October 1928 at 13:00 (= 1:00 PM )|
|Place||Watertown, Minnesota, 44n58, 93w51|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||02°07' 19°23 Asc. 19°38'|
American screen actress whose best-known role is that of Marion Cunningham on the ABC television sitcom Happy Days, on which she starred from 1974 to 1984 and received two Primetime Emmy Award nominations. Ross later reprised Marion Cunningham on the spin-off series Joanie Loves Chachi (1982-1983) and on animated sitcom Family Guy.
Before her success on Happy Days, Ross appeared in a variety of film roles, appearing in The Glenn Miller Story (1954), Sabrina (1954), Lust for Life (1956), Teacher's Pet (1958), Some Came Running (1958), Operation Petticoat (1959), and Honky (1971), as well as several minor television roles, one of which was on television’s The Lone Ranger (1954). Ross also starred in The Evening Star (1996), for which she was nominated for the Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress.
Since the 1990s, Ross has been known for voice-over work on animated television series such as King of the Hill and SpongeBob SquarePants among others, and recurring roles on The Drew Carey Show, That '70s Show, Gilmore Girls, and Brothers & Sisters, and guest spots.
On 19 April 2011, Ross and four of her Happy Days co-stars, Erin Moran, Don Most, Anson Williams, and the estate of Tom Bosley filed a $10 million breach-of-contract lawsuit against CBS, which owns the show, claiming they had not been paid for merchandising revenue owed under their contracts. In July 2012, the actors settled their lawsuit with CBS. Each received a payment of $65,000 and a promise by CBS to continue honoring the terms of their contracts.
- associate relationship with Bosley, Tom (born 1 October 1927). Notes: Played spouses in "Happy Days," 1974-1984
- associate relationship with Entertainment: Happy Days (born 15 January 1974). Notes: Played Marion Cunningham, 1974-1984
- associate relationship with Howard, Ron (born 1 March 1954). Notes: Played mother and son in "Happy Days," 1974-1984
- associate relationship with Moran, Erin (born 18 October 1960). Notes: Played mother and daughter in "Happy Days," 1974-1984
- associate relationship with Winkler, Henry (born 30 October 1945). Notes: Played landlady and tenant in "Happy Days," 1974-1984
- Work : New Career 1953 (Screen debut in film "Forever Female")
Birth certificate provided by Sy Scholfield.
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (Freeman Meskimen, 1951-1969)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (TV and film)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Voice-Over (Animated TV series)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession (Two Primetime Emmy Award nominations)