Rooney, Brian L.
|Birthname||Brian Lee Rooney|
|born on||27 June 1970 at 00:45 (= 12:45 AM )|
|Place||Burlington, Vermont, 44n29, 73w13|
|Timezone||EDT h4w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||05°08' 18°17 Asc. 05°32'|
American construction worker who was convicted of the abduction and murder of 21-year-old college student Michelle Gardner-Quinn, a senior at the University of Vermont, located in Burlington, Vermont.
Gardner-Quinn's body was found on 13 October 2006 at the Huntington Gorge in Richmond, stuffed into a rock crevice and covered with leaves. An autopsy revealed that she had been sexually assaulted; cause of death was strangulation and blunt force trauma to the head. Rooney was charged with Gardner-Quinn's murder on 25 October 2006 when DNA evidence linked him to her.
Brian Rooney was found guilty of the murder of Michelle Gardner-Quinn on 22 May 2008. On 17 October 2008, Rooney was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole (under Vermont law, the only available sentence for aggravated murder). Rooney expressed condolences to Quinn's family but still insists that he is innocent.
Sy Scholfield provided birth certificate.
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Homicide single
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Kidnapper
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Prison sentence (Life in prison)
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Rapist/ Sex crime
- Vocation : Building Trades : Construction work
- Notable : Famous : Criminal cases
- Notable : Famous : Newsmaker