Rokha, Pablo de
|Birthname||Carlos Ignacio Díaz Loyola|
|born on||20 October 1894 at 03:30 (= 03:30 AM )|
|Place||Licantén, Chile, 34s59, 72w00|
|Timezone||LST m70w40 (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||26°56' 07°53 Asc. 14°23'|
Chilean poet and recipient of the Chilean Premio Nacional de Literatura (National Literature Prize) in 1965, who is counted among the four greats of Chilean poetry, along with Pablo Neruda, Vicente Huidobro and Gabriela Mistral. He is considered an avant-garde poet and an influential figure in the poetry scene of his country.
On 10 December 1968, aged 73, de Rokha shot himself with a Smith & Wesson .44 revolver, a gift from the Mexican muralist David Alfaro Siqueiros.
- spouse relationship with Rokha, Winette (born 7 July 1892). Notes: 1916-1951
- Work : Prize 1965 (Chilean National Prize for Literature)
Sy Scholfield provided birth certificate: "a las tres y media de la mañana" (at three-thirty in the morning). Wikipedia has 17 October 1895 in error.
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted
- Personal : Death : Suicide
- Vocation : Writers : Poet
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Chilean National Prize for Literature)