Rockefeller, John D. III
|Birthname||John Davison Rockefeller III|
|born on||21 March 1906 at 21:30 (= 9:30 PM )|
|Place||New York, New York, 40n43, 74w0|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||00°34' 27°16 Asc. 11°07'|
American philanthropist and third-generation member of the prominent Rockefeller family. He was the eldest son of philanthropists John D. Rockefeller, Jr. and Abby Aldrich Rockefeller. His siblings were Abby, Nelson, Laurance, Winthrop, and David.
On November 11, 1932, he married Blanchette Ferry Hooker (1909—1992). They had one son and three daughters.
John Davison Rockefeller III was killed in an automobile accident in Mount Pleasant, New York, on July 10, 1978, at the age of 72.
- parent->child relationship with Rockefeller, Jay (born 18 June 1937)
- child->parent relationship with Rockefeller, John D. Jr. (born 29 January 1874)
- other kin relationship with Rockefeller, John D. Sr. (born 8 July 1839). Notes: Grandkin
- other kin relationship with Rockefeller, Justin (born 12 July 1979). Notes: Grandkin
Sy Scholfield quotes from "The Rockefeller century" by John Ensor Harr and Peter J. Johnson (Scribner, 1988), p. 89: "John Davison Rockefeller 3rd was born on the first day of spring, March 21, in 1906. Abby was about a week overdue, and when labor began, her physician, Dr. Allen M. Thomas, also a resident of West 54th Street, came quickly. The baby, weighing approximately eleven pounds, was born at 9:30 p.m."
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (Son of John D. Rockefeller, Jr. and Abby Aldrich Rockefeller)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Philanthropist
- Lifestyle : Financial : Wealthy